- 1lb Fresh Manilla clams
- 1 tablespoon Green Onions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Ginger (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 3 tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup Sake
- 3/4 cups Mixed Julienne Red Peppers and Carrots
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro Leaves (picked)
- 1 Rice Paper Sheet (crispy fried (1 each per person))
Pre soak clams in cold water for at least one hour to clean, rinse well and set aside.
To make butter; saute green onion, garlic and ginger in a small amount of oil until fragrant. Deglaze with soy sauce and cool. Cream soy ginger mixture into butter and set aside.
Heat a large (6-8 qt) sauce pot over medium high heat, add clams and a small amount of oil. Allow clams and pot to heat, add sake and cover to steam.
After being covered and cooking for approximately 4-5 minutes, check and see if clams are starting to open. Once they begin to open up, add vegetables and ginger-soy butter and cover for another minute. Remove cover and mix in fresh cilantro leaves just before serving. Garnish with crispy fried rice paper.